All right, it’s Monday, so that means it’s time for another update. This one features the re-introduction of Jeerah-Nur from the island of the mutes. I believe he’s the last one, come to think of it. Now we can sell the island to an evil scientist to create his secret lair of nukes and kittens.
There’s also a ton of new lines for Daenlyn Oakhollow, as well as a new song and a mini-quest involving him and another NPC. And as always, the updates are cumulative, so you only need v3.05 installed for this one to work.
• Mithril (Ronja Monto)
• Jerulith (Jessica Osborne)
• Carmella (Katie Votapka)
• Jeerah-Nur (Aranas)
• Spring (Ronja Monto)
All Fixes and Tweaks from v3.05
• Increased difficulty by adding reanimated corpses and healing mechanic to Forgotten Lore
• Provided option to turn in Talos worshipers for Immortal Coil
• Fenced In – Morndas asks to meet fence but script referenced wrong quest.
• Immortal Coil – Added wandering, potentially hostile Thalmor patrol in Markarth for first phase of the quest and objective to ensure PC talks to Froa upon retrieving the soul gems. Also added objective to return to Widow’s Watch.
• Froa’s 100+ Post-Quest audio files were not included in 3.05
• Hagravi missing marriage lines added
• Dropped HP of Darkened Steel NPC and added failsafe script to ensure proper outcome
• Ylgyne dismissal was incorrectly conditioned to Meresine being in your group as opposed toYlgyne
• Removed instances of double voices for Larkspur, Duraz, and Yushari
• S’vashni’s minimum level raised to 20
Site News and Notes
One of the reasons I don’t like Nexus is because everything is funneled to a single comment thread. This is ideal for most mods, but hardly for something of this size. What the new website does is compartmentalize everything into specific sections. Here are the main areas we have at the moment.
- Wiki – I’ve disabled comments here. In the past, people have used these pages to give their thoughts, post screenshots, and report bugs. These should now be taken care of by the forums and Q&A.
- Blog Posts – This is where regular comments are enabled. They should pertain to the post itself.
- Forums – The forum section is for discussions. In other words, questions can be asked, but they should be directed toward facilitating a conversation as opposed to things that are better served for the Q&A.
- The Q&A – This section is for troubleshooting questions and bug reports. Unsure how to start a quest? Found a typo? This the place to ask your question or search previous inquiries.
Using the Q&A Search Function
The Q&A is there to help build a database and allow users to quickly find the answers to their questions. However, don’t be afraid to just ask a question, even if it’s been asked before. That’s because I’m not entirely clear on how the search function works. I think it’s better for keywords than complete phrases.
However, typing the full phrase “How do I get into Robber’s Refuge” does not.
Even though the term “Robber” is used here, the additional words seem to fool the system. Generally it appears limiting your search to key phrases is the best way to use the search. Ultimately though, it never hurts to just ask the question like it’s never been asked before.
Advertisements Showing up on the Q&A
Hopefully this is just temporary. I’ve begged onto the WordAds beta in order to help feed my addiction to money. The problem is the plugin offers much less control over where the advertisements show up. I don’t think I’m going back to Adsense – it pays worse than a Guangzhou sweatshop – so I’m either going to have to find a new plugin for Q&A or hope DesignWall or WordPress provides a solution.
I don’t see it as that big of an issue at the moment, because hardly anyone uses the Q&A, but I definitely could see problems if the database grows and becomes something people depend on. As always, I appreciate those who’ve whitelisted the site and my hope is that doing so will not come with pain and suffering.