Hello! So an update on where things are at, I’m optimistic I’ll be able to cast most of the what I’ve mapped out so far for Fallout 4 by the time the Creation Kit comes out. The actual modding part will probably take about a month, so an alpha version should be out by May-ish, but a more likely target date will be June or July.
The mod will be a mix of quests and NPCs similar to the Fallout 3 Bundle, albeit the NPCs won’t have nearly the depth you’d get with an unvoiced protagonist. That’s why I’ll probably give this mod a new name. It’s an entirely different beast, and I don’t like to dwell on the past anyway.
Atomic Radio I can probably put out in a day or two after the Creation Kit release, since the hard part for that is done. The initial release will have about 4 new Grognak trailers, a half dozen commercials, and about 3 or 4 new sketches, including 2 horror ones. All in all I hope to get to the 5 hour mark before the Creation Kit comes out. More importantly, it’ll have proper time conditions and randomizing scripts.
Lastly, here’s some notes on changes to the site layout:
- First major change is an infinite scroll, this will load new posts forever and ever if you scroll down, but since the pages only load if you scroll it shouldn’t use up too much bandwidth all at once, more of a gradual thing.
- Changed the site favicon to Vault Boy
- Twitter feed is now at the top of the right sidebar
- Font for the site header is now a bit different, thought this looked a little cleaner
- I figured out how to set the music player with an expandable playlist, this should allow it to take up less space overall. Click the button on the left to see the whole thing. Another quirk I noticed is that the player will continue to run even as you navigate to separate pages, which eliminates the need for a pop-out player.
- I pared down the header button so it’s less of a clusterfuck for mobile users.
Granted the header’s still a bit involved since it shows every entry in the drop-down menu, but at least now it’s manageable. First thing I eliminated was the drop-downs for the forums and the casting calls, then the donation button, since it’s pretty much a waste of space. Not sure if the screenshots is pointless either but it doesn’t take up too much real estate and keeps the header full.
I considered separating the Fallout and TES downloads, but I wasn’t sure what to call it. The fact that it says downloads makes it pretty clear that’s what it is, if it said Fallout/TES you wouldn’t know what you were clicking until it was too late and now your room is filled with bats. So I left it alone. Besides, wouldn’t have made a lick of difference for mobile, and that was the whole point.